Photo : Brittany Carmichael
Bruce Sinclair is a Métis theatre artist, teacher and student of the Nēhiyawēwin (Cree) and Michif languages currently based on a ranch near Meadow Lake in northwest Saskatchewan.
Bruce formed an artistic entity, miyotēh performance, that develops and produces works based on elders and the Nēhiyawēwin language, as well as artistic collaborations with diverse communities.
Recently, Bruce worked at the Saskatchewan Urban Native Teacher Education Program in a student support role and is focusing on finding ways to share Métis stories, both contemporary and traditional, with the local, national and international communities.
- Connections : English inauguration of the Festival Saturday, October 19, 8:00 p.m.
- One Métis Man’s Life Growing Up in Saskatchewan Sunday, October 20, 3:00 p.m.
- Many Voices Tuesday, October 22, 8:00 p.m.
- On The Buffalo Hunt Métis Style Saturday, October 26, 10:30 a.m.
- Marathon du conte Sunday, October 27, 2:00 p.m.