Photo: Andrew Alexander
Born and raised in Argentina, Marta Singh lives and works in Ottawa. Since she started performing professionally in 2005, she has been featured yearly in the Ottawa StoryTellers Fourth Stage Series at the National Arts Centre, in both her solo and ensemble work, which includes 12-hour epic performances of The Odyssey (2012) and The Iliad (2014). Over the years, she has earned a reputation for striving for artistic excellence while pushing the boundaries of her art, as she continues to fuse her storytelling with the conventions of theatre.
Her latest work, The Geography Teacher’s Orders, won the Best of Fest Award and the Jury’s Award of Excellence at Ottawa’s 2018 Fringe Festival.
As a solo artist, Marta performs in English and Spanish in storytelling, literary and independent theatre festivals across North and South America. Her signature solo shows are compelling works of contemporary oral literature in which she weaves powerful pieces of memoir with Argentina’s public past.
- The Key to the Kingdom Sunday, October 20, 2:00 p.m.
- Connections : English inauguration of the Festival Saturday, October 19, 8:00 p.m.
- The Geography Teacher’s Orders Tuesday, October 22, 8:00 p.m.
- The Geography Teacher’s Orders Wednesday, October 23, 8:00 p.m.
- Landscapes of Silence Friday, October 25, 2:00 p.m.
- The Key to the Kingdom Saturday, October 26, 11:00 a.m.
- The Key to the Kingdom Saturday, October 26, 3:30 p.m.